The “War against plastic straws” is going on strong globally. How about you?
Why we should refuse plastic straws:
- They are made in 10 minutes, used in 20 minutes, and remain on earth 200 Years, since they are not Biodegradable.
- Plastic straws require a great amount of Non-Renewable resources.
- It takes a lot of energy to make such a small piece of plastic.
- Restaurants throw away 45,000 plastic straws a year.
- Did you know that about 90% of marine animals have eaten plastic?
- By 2050, there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish.
In 2018, Seattle became the first U.S. city to ban plastic utensils and straws. California has banned plastic straws except upon request. Atlanta City Counsel voted to ban plastics in ALL city buildings, including the airport. Starbucks committed to stop using plastic straws by 2020.